:O :I ¦<

Sunday 17 July 2011

Belieber it!

That was such a bad pun I'm actually ashamed -.-

Ok, today's entry shall be a little rant of sorts about Mr. Justin Bieber. Yay!

Coz I leik t07a11Y WUV h!m!!!£"$%£$^!!111!!1! ♥♥♥♥♥

If you can't tell, that was a blatant lie.

I was roaming the internet one day, as per the usual, sifting through pictures on DamnLOL.com (freaking amazing site for nonsense pictures) and I came across a mini documentary about Mr. Bieber. I was curious because I realise don't actually know anything about him... Other than that I've decided I don't like him because I don't want to jump on some bandwagon just because some kids hyped him up on YouTube.
Thing is, if he was a little less smug-cocky and his voice broke, and he got a better sense of style and hair cut, he'd be more appealing.
Yes I know it's not all about appearances but the appearance he has now is just bloody annoying. It doesn't match his personality.



As a musician, I respect him for his talents. There's no denying he's talented. But right now he's just a little kid who's been swept up by the media and made global just like that... There's very little background to him so his career is really shallow. That's why I don't like him. It's not like he's started small and worked his way up gradually becoming more liked by the general public; he started small then BOOM everyone loves him and it's like, there are people out there with more meaningful music than yours and they aren't getting noticed like you are.
I keep thinking of little Michael Jackson (don't start yelling, I'm aware there's no comparison of this kid to MJ.. Work with me here). He was a kid singer starting out in the Jackson 5.. They've got a proper story behind them (whatever it was..) and sensation that he was, he didn't just go BOOM EVERYONE LOVES ME just like that. Granted with internet and technology advances, had he started that career today he might've, but their music was funk, disco proper RnB... SOUL man... You can't say no to soul. But you can certainly say AW HELL NAW to "baby, baby, baby OOOOOH".

Hmm... Ok so this argument isn't very well structured I realise as I re-read this the morning after ranting it to my friend on MSN... But my point is - Um...

What is my point?

I don't even know anymore. Simply, Justin, get a new look and a genre more suited to a 16 year old boy who's voice has not broken yet and therefore should not be trying to woo the ladies... And then all the haters might stop hating.
I'm just indifferent to your existence but it does make me cringe.



Anyway, I'm gonna go have breakfast now. It's like 12:25pm and I've been at my laptop since I woke up two hours ago. I should probably write a post about how I like computers too much... Mmmm.

Bren.
♪♫

1 comment: